Friday, December 24, 2010

Chapter 7- Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now


The next day passes quickly with Edward going to work and me mostly hanging out with Emmett and Rosalie. I play the girlfriend role and have lunch in the shop with my beautiful boy. Secretly I cherish the hours that I have left with him. I know that there is nothing I want more than to just wipe my past clean and stay the rest of my life here with him. I just can’t justify it. I worked hard for my degree and I have always assumed that I would go as far I could where school was concerned. That’s what I wanted two weeks ago, anyway. Now I’m not so sure. Is it possible that one horrible misadventure and the introduction of a sparkly mechanic God could change the course of my life? The fairytale loathing girl that I have been raised to be tells me that one man should not have that much power over my life in such a short time, but the swooning teenage girl in me wants to hold on to him and never let go.

The second morning, I wake up to the smell of bacon cooking. I pull Edward’s pillow to my face and breath deeply. How will I ever leave him now? This is the question that seems to confront me every time a thought of him passes through my head. I roll out of bed and make my way to the bathroom to wash up. Once my morning routine is complete, I shuffle out to the kitchen and find Edward at the stove. “Hey sweetface, are you hungry?” Edward greats me with a smile.

“I could eat.” I say as I sit at the counter to watch him cook. “I didn’t expect you to be here, no work today?”

“Not today, baby. Today we have to go get you a phone. Your friend Alice has been calling the payphone outside the lobby all night. She kept Jazz on the line for over an hour. I think he may have a little crush.”

“Really? Did she leave a message... is she okay?” the words come out in a rush.

He chuckles to himself as he answers. “Um, yeah. She’s good. She was just checking on you, and I think she was enjoying Jasper’s witty repartee.”

I laugh at this, because it sounds like Alice. She won’t give any guy the time of day... ever, but Jasper has caught her attention long distance.

Once we’ve eaten the breakfast Edward made, we shower and dress for the day. I have no idea where he is taking me to get a new phone, but I’m willing to bet that it will call for another mini road trip. And I’m all over a little alone time with my boy.

“Bella, I think we should drive your car. You know, to make sure it’s safe for you to drive back to San Diego.” He gives me a weak smile as I walk out into the living room and wrap my arms around his waist, pulling him to me.

“Are you doubting your mad skills, baby? Because as far as I’ve seen every skill you possess has worked in my favor so far.” I waggle my eyebrows at him and move my hands to his chest.

“No, the car will work. I just want to catch any little glitches before you get on the the road... with out me.”  I kiss his chin, because he looks sad. “Okay Mr. Goodwrench, anything you want.”

With Edward behind the wheel of my baby, and Paramore pumping through my speakers, I am in heaven. I kick my feet onto the dashboard and rest my head against his shoulder, and just as my eyes start to close I notice the direction we are headed in. “Where are you taking me? My dad’s a cop, remember? People will look for me” I giggle at him.

“Well since I’ve already showed you the wonder that is Barstow, I thought I’d show you Vegas baby.” He winks at me and I sigh not knowing if I should point out the obvious problem that I have with this plan. He speaks before I get a chance to find the right words.

“Before you freak out, I just though that maybe you needed a happy memory there. I love Vegas, Bella, and I hope that we’ll be able to spend time there. I know that may not sound like too much fun for you right now, but I think I can make it fun for you.” I’m not sure what the expression on my face is, but his panty dropping smirk appears, and the next question seals our fate. “Do you trust me?”

I sigh and weigh my answer carefully. “Of course I trust you, Edward. I’m just not sure if I can do this. I spent a total of 20 minutes in Vegas, and that 20 minutes ripped my heart out of my body and threw it into a wood chipper. I don’t know if I’m ready to revisit that.”

Edward pulls the car over to the side of the road and turns in his seat to look at me full on. He cradles my face between his hands and kisses my nose. “Bella, your heart isn’t in a wood chipper, it’s right here with me.” He picks up my hand and kisses my palm before he places it on his chest. “I’d never let anything hurt you, sweet girl. If you want me to turn around I will, but I really think this could be a fun day.” He bats his unbelievably long lashes at me while he places soft kisses all over my face.

“Alright. I’ll go, but you’re buying me a drink... and we’re going to the M&M World.” I huff and he laughs. A moment later he squeezes my hand and gets us back on the road.

I’m not sure how long the drive is, I lose time listening to Hayley belt out my favorite songs. Soon enough we reach a huge shopping mall. Edward pulls the car into the underground parking lot and finds a spot.

“Let’s take care of business first. We’ll get your phone and then go check out the M&M’s. There is so much that I want to show you, baby.” Edward opens my door for me and takes my hand to lead me through the lot and into the mall.

Once we’re in, we find the At&t store pretty easily. Much to Edward’s dismay I chose a pink Blackberry. He is insistent that I get an iPhone, but I loved my Blackberry and I just want to replace it. There is no discussion. It’s my phone, and I’m getting what I want. Period. He pouts and offers to pay for it, and he gets really mad when I laugh and tell him that it’s not the money, it’s just my preference. Edward finally gives up and i drag him from the store thanking everyone for their help as we exit. We decide to leave the car in the lot and take a taxi over to the M&M’s store, because of parking on the strip.

Once we are in front of our destination Edward covers my eyes with his hands so that I can get the full affect when he removes them. We walk in and he guides me for a bit. When we stop I feel the unmistakable jolt of an elevator. Once the ride is over he leads me out slowly, spins me around, and then he removes his hands and I gasp. Every imaginable color adorns the walls. I am in M&M heaven!

“O.M.G! Edward!” I gasp as my hands move to cover my mouth. I start to giggle and I can’t stop. “How do I choose?”

“That’s the beauty of it, love. You don’t have to choose.” He opens his arms and does a little turn. “You can get a little bit of everything if you want.”

I grab a bag and start to fill it while Edward sets off on his own. I get lost in all the colors. I’ve never seen anything like it and it’s way more than I expected. I fill three bags full of candy before I see Edward again. He’s carrying a bag and has a huge smile on his face. He takes my breath away.

“What ya got there, Smiley?” I ask returning his smile

“Um, I bought some stuff for a beautiful girl I know.” He reaches into the bag and pulls out a hot pink blinged out M&M’s t-shirt. He tosses it at me and I hug it to my chest.

“Thank you, Edward! I love it!” my voice is high and loud, and he laughs at my enthusiasm. I throw my arms around his neck and pull him down until his lips touch mine. I pull back and smile at him. “You make me so smiley, who knew that M&M World was the key to my happiness?” I say and then kiss the tip of his nose.

Edward’s arms are around my waist and he spins me around. “I like smiley Bella. In fact smiley Bella is definitely my favorite Bella.” He sets me on my feet and takes my hand. “You ready to hit the strip? I believe I owe you a drink still.”

“Let’s blow this pop stand, Eddie! Mama is thirsty.” I let him lead me to the cash register where I agree to let him pay for my incredibly expensive candy. I know that it is pointless to argue with him, so I give in and thank him with a kiss on his cheek.

We walk out and on to the famous Las Vegas strip. Edward leads and looks happy to just be holding my hand, walking down the street. He stops in front of Caesar’s Palace. It’s huge and beautiful, and I really want to go in. Edward turns to me and puts his hands on my shoulders. “Bella, what you are about to see is one of my favorite places in the world. My dad and Emmett brought me here when I turned 21, and I have never ever had a bad time here. Are you ready to have your socks knocked off?” I try not to laugh because he is totally serious.

“Why yes Edward, I think I am. It’s been along time since my socks were knocked off. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to show me your Vegas... baby.” I say with a smirk. Edward grabs my hand and pulls until I have to run after him.

Once we are in, I can’t believe it! It’s amazing. There are people walking around in costumes, and the hotel is decorated beautifully. Not to mention the fact that it is huge. Edward stops and lets me take it all in. And there is so much to take in. “Okay, this is absolutely wonderful but I need a drink! You promised, Edward!” I hold on to his forearm and jump up and down.

“Let’s go, B! I haven’t even shown you the best part yet, and where we’re going you can get your drink.” Edward is even more excited now, and he is dragging me again.

All the signs overhead say that we are headed to The Forum Shops. “There are shops here? Can we shop, please? I mean if we have to go there to get my drink anyway, please?” I grab his face with both hands and kiss it repeatedly.

“Okay, okay, Bella. Let’s go shopping!” He’s laughing when he answers, but he doesn't push me away. I wrap my arm around his waist as his arm rests on my shoulder, and we walk into the most beautiful shopping mall I’ve ever seen. There are shops I’ve never seen as well as so many fun things to look at. I am overwhelmed. I stopped short and stood open mouthed in front of the Lois Vuitton boutique. Edward sighed loudly as I dragged him inside, there was no way my credit card is making it out of here alive.

After spending nearly a thousand dollars in Lois Vuitton and a few hundred in the Juicy boutique, Edward asked the question that i had been dreading. “Bella, how is it that a college student can afford to spend money the way that you do?”

“Well, my grandfather left me a really big inheritance. I never knew him, he didn’t approve of my parents marriage. So I have always seen his money as kind of an apology for not being part of my life. I spend it on things that make me smile, and consider them gifts from him.” I shrug. “I don’t think I’ll ever be able to spend it all, but I plan on having fun while I try.” I try to gauge Edward’s reaction to my words, but his face is blank.

“Are you done spending for the day? Because if you are, I think it’s time for that drink I promised you.” He waggles his eyebrows at me and takes the purchases from my arms.

Edward and I head into “Fat Tuesday” and select our drink size and flavor. I choose a frozen Bellini and he chooses something called a “Ragin’ Bull”. I can only assume it contains Red Bull. What ever it is, it is delicious, as is mine. We stroll through the shops hand in hand and sip our drinks. We are silent aside from the occasional comment on the window displays, but the silence is comfortable. We discuss whether or not I want to gamble, which I don’t, and then the discussion takes an interesting turn. “Hey Eddie, can we stay here tonight? Or do you need to get back for work in the morning?”

The shock is evident on Edward’s face, though he tries to recover quickly. “We can do anything you want to, baby girl, but I’m paying. Just because you can afford it doesn’t mean that I don’t want to spoil you sometimes. This little trip was my idea, so I pay. Deal?”

Twenty minutes later I am standing in the middle of the Royal hotel suite, taking inventory of all of the incredible amenities. There is a huge white bed, and an incredible view. I roam through the rooms, touching things and trying to commit all that I see to memory. I don’t even want to know how much Edward is forking out for one night in this beautiful place. He is sitting on the edge of the bed watching me as I move slowly around the room. I make my way back to him and stand between his legs. His hands grip my waist and my chin rests on top of his head as I whisper. “Thank you, Edward. I should be telling you that this is too much, but I love it. I want to enjoy this with you, even if it’s just for one night.”

Alarm bells are going off in my head, telling me that this room is just another place for us to hide from our real lives, and that maybe this wasn’t the wisest decision. All of those alarms get pushed away as I feel Edward’s lips descend upon my chest. He is placing soft open mouth kisses over my dress, from the hollow of my throat all the way down to my belly button.  Without a word or a thought I grab the hem of my dress and lift it over my head. Edward hisses and runs his short nails up my thighs and it dawns on me that I am standing in front of him in nothing but a blue lace bra and boy shorts. He is so damn sexy and being here with him just feels right. I know that if we aren’t careful this could end very badly, but I also know that I want him. I want him not only in this moment, but forever. He has rooted himself into my heart and the marrow of my bones. I feel his breath on my skin and I know without a doubt that I belong to him. It is that realization that forces the next words from my lips.

“Take me, Edward. Take it all, because I don’t want anything without you. I’m yours.” I whisper hoping that he can hear me.

“Bella...” His voice trails off with a sigh as his tongue sneaks out to taste me through the lace of my bra. Perfect fingers move to open the clasp at my back, and my breath hitches. Edward’s breath fans over my chest and my skin puckers. Does he even know the affect he has on my body? Edward stands and turns me so that the back of my knees hit the bed. I lay back and sink into the soft cotton of the bead spread. He stands above me and pulls his shirt over his head. I sit up and rest myself back on my elbows so I can watch him. His hands move to unbutton his jeans and he does a little shake as he pushes them over his hips. I giggle at him and lay back as he crawls up the bed toward me.

“I’ll take what ever you want to give me, Bella, gladly. ” His fingers tug my panties over my hips, and I lay there and let him. I lose myself in his touch and I like it. Edward puts his hands on the inside of my thighs spreading them to make room for his shoulders between them. As soon as I realize his intentions my hands move to his hair, and I tug until he has to look at me.

“Edward” I whisper. “I’ve never done this before. You don’t have to...” I don’t even know how to finish the sentence. Do I want him to stop? I don’t think so, but I’m nervous.

His hands caress my thighs and I relax a little bit. “I’ll stop if you want me too, Bella. but I really don’t want to. Let me love you tonight, Angel. Let this be about you. You’re safe with me.” He whispers against my wet skin and it’s like electricity through my entire body. I tug on his hair and hope that he can feel my acquiescence. He must, because his tongue pushes between my folds to the place I want him most, and my entire body is now on fire. I feel his fingers gently push into me and he finds my sweet spot. I know that I am on the edge and it isn’t going to take much more to push me over it. Edward places a kiss on my clit and sucks it into his mouth, and I come undone. I see stars. literally. His fingers are still inside of me as he coaxes me down from my high.

“Oh my God, Edward!” I think I’m shouting, but I can bring myself to care. I pull on his arms until he is hovering over me, and then I attack his mouth. I can taste myself on him and it just urges me on. Then he does something I don’t expect, he stops.

“Bella, this doesn’t have to go any further tonight. I just needed to show you what you do to me. You do that to me, you drive me crazy. I can’t keep my hands... or my mouth off of you.” He says with a smirk.

I laugh and push him down on his back and lay myself across his chest. “Edward, that was incredible, you are incredible. Can I keep you?”

“For as long as you want me, Bella. Where else am I gonna go?”



“You don't have to make your mind up
I just wanna take my time with you
If that's alright, it's alright
Oh forgive me if I get too shy but
maybe you're the reason why, love
I'm feelin' butterflies
Somethin' bout the look in your eyes
Oooh it just makes me feel so right
When my mind's void
You're my joy
You're the dream, when I sleep
And hey I'm for ya, I adore ya
you're everything
That I need
And I love how you love me
If I'm made for you
you're made for me
It's too good to be
So tell me what we're gonna do now
Yeah tell me what we're gonna do now”

Tell Me What We’re Gonna Do Now~
Joss Stone ft. Common

No comments: