Thursday, December 9, 2010

Chapter 5- Teenage Dream

A/N: So I guess I owe you guys a lemon after the epic cockblock that was the last chapter! It's my first lemon ever, so be kind :) Reviews = Love

 
For the second time in twenty four hours I am in disbelief. I can feel Edward’s muscles flexing under my fingers, his breath on my neck and if I wasn’t perfectly aware that we are in the bed of Emmett’s truck, I’d swear it was heaven. There are no words, just soft touches and unintelligible sounds that flow between us, not meant for anyone but ourselves. Edward braces himself on his elbow and the other hand caresses my thigh, holding it tight around his waist. His movements are slow and fluid, he fills me perfectly, and I am no longer empty. My legs begin to tremble as my release builds, my whole body is on fire.

“Edward” I breath. “Look at me, Edward. Be here with me, please.” His grip on my thigh loosens and he stares down at me.

“I’m here, Beautiful. Can’t you feel me? I’m here.” He barely pushes the words past his perfect lips before pressing his forehead to mine.

I swear to God I see stars and I think I scream. I feel Edward’s movements quicken before his hold on me tightens and he bites my shoulder. For some strange reason I start to giggle and I can’t stop. Edward falls onto his back and pulls me to him. “Well that’s not the reaction I was hoping for. At all.” He says and I hear him chuckle when he places a kiss to the top of my head.

I know that we should talk about what just happened, but I really just want to enjoy the feeling coursing through my body right now. Edward is drawing patterns on my back with his finger and from my place across his chest I feel our breaths begin to even out. His voice breaks the silence before I can even form a coherent thought.

“I don’t think we should fall asleep here, Bella. Unless of course you won’t mind a lifetime of ridiculous teasing from Emmett’s twelve year old alter ego.” Edward moves his hand from my back to my hair, and pulls my head back so that I am looking him right in the eyes. “That was amazing, by the way. Thank you.”

It doesn’t escape my notice that his statement implies me being around for a lifetime to endure said ridicule. I know it’s time to get up, but I don’t want to leave our little bubble. I don’t want to have the post sex “where do we go from here” talk. I just want to tuck myself under his arm and never come out again. I feel safe here, and it’s the only place that makes sense for me to be. It’s easy here and I can be anyone I want. Edward doesn’t know anything about me except that my heart and my car both broke down recently. He fixed my car, maybe now he could fix my heart. All too soon Edward sits up and pulls me with him. He picks up the shirt I was wearing and drops it over my head. I push my arms through the sleeves with a dramatic sigh. Edward gathers my shorts and underwear, looking at me with a raised eyebrow. In a flash he stands and jumps out of the truck.

“C’mon Bella!” He yells as he runs back towards the motel.

I sit staring at his beautiful back as the first rays of the morning sun begin to shine. I have to laugh, because I’m sitting in the back of a truck in nothing but a t-shirt at five in the morning. And then it happens. Rose walks out of her room in her uniform, looking ready for the day. I start to believe that she won’t see me, but that’s just wishful thinking. She stares at me for a second before a wide smile almost splits her beautiful face in half.

“Hey, Bella. Fantastic morning, isn’t it?” She says with that obviously hereditary smirk on her face. “So... did you and Edward test out the shocks on Em’s truck last night or what?”

I can feel that my face is bright red and I can also see Edward behind Rose laughing at me. I wrap the blanket around myself, open the tailgate and climb out as carefully as I can, trying desperately not to flash her. “Um, the shocks are good, Rose... and yes this is about the best morning I’ve had in awhile. As a matter of fact, I’m not really ready for it to end so I’m gonna head on back inside.” I squeeze her shoulders as I skip passed her. “Have a good day, Rosalie!”
                               
           ~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~

Edward stands in his door way laughing his ass off and I can’t help but laugh with him. Did I mention he is beautiful? Well in the dawning sun light, after amazing sex he is fucking gorgeous. I’m a little jealous of myself from last night, does that make me insane? I skip passed him, too and go straight into his room to lay down. I jump onto the bed and try to smother myself with a pillow. I feel the bed dip under Edward’s weight and I wait for him to speak.

“Bella, are you okay? Don’t be embarrassed, I’ve caught Rose and Emmett much less clothed than you were.” He says and I can hear the smile in his voice.

“Yeah, but did you catch them in your car? We were in their truck, Edward! She’s going to tell Emmett. Remember what you said about the lifetime of ridicule? I don’t want my lifetime ridiculed!” I shout with the pillow still over my face.

Edward pulls the pillow from my face and kisses my forehead. “What does all this mean, Beautiful? I had a good time last night, a really good time, but what’s next? Are you going home? I don’t even know where your home is.”

I am acutely aware that I am still only wearing his shirt as I pull him to lay down with me. “That was a lot of questions, Eddie. First of all, I had a good time too. I was really happy to be here with you. Second of all, I don’t know what’s next. And lastly, I don’t know where my home is either. I was supposed to be married and on my way back to Washington by now, remember? So I guess I can basically do what ever I want to do now. And right now I want to sleep. Would you like to sleep with me, Edward?” I waggled my eyebrows at him.

He did the angels in heaven laugh again, and I try really hard to keep a straight face. “Sure, how could I refuse an invitation like that.” Edward moved to lay down and threw the blanket half hazardly over us both. “Sweet dreams, beautiful girl. I’m really glad you’re here.” That’s the last thing I hear before I drift off to sleep.
             ~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~

I wake up in Edward’s bed again, this time I’m alone. I grab his pillow and bring to my face, taking in as much of his scent as I can. A piece of paper crinkles against my nose and makes me giggle. I pull it away from my face and see that it is a note from Edward, and I let out a very girly squeal as I read it.

“Bella,
You looked so peaceful that I just couldn’t wake you. I’m heading out to the garage to get some work done. Make yourself comfortable... Mi casa es su casa!
P.S. That was corny, right?
Edward”

I can’t help but smile at his little joke, before I jump up and and run in to take a shower. The bathroom isn’t the standard hotel bathroom I expected. It has a large shower stall and  fluffy navy towels folded on the shelf. As the water heats up, the scent of Edward’s bodywash envelopes me. All of a sudden I can’t wait to bathe with his stuff. When I’m finished I step out and grab one of his towels to dry off. It is at that moment that I realize I have no clean clothes in here. I make an executive decision to borrow some of Edward’s clothes. This decision allows me to snoop around a little bit, I have to find the clothes after all. The first drawer I open has socks in it, so I close it because I don’t think I need socks. The next one has underwear and beaters in it. As I stare at the underwear I realize that it may be the only thing of his that will fit me. And since I know it will drive him crazy, I pull out a pair of gray and red knit boxers and a gray beater. The clothes smell like clean Edward as a pull them on. I have to fold the boxers a few times so they will stay up, and I tie a knot at the back of the tank top so that it falls just above my navel. I glance at myself in the mirror, and yeah I look hot. With my hair in a messy bun, I slip my feet into my shoes and set off to find Eddie.

I find him where he was the first time I laid eyes on him, under a car. I stop in front of him with my feet on either side of his and kick his boot. “What ya doin’ under there, Eddie?”

“Well, good afternoon Sleepy head. I’m just trying to catch up on some work from yesterday.” He says as he slides himself out from under the car and sits up to look at me. “Not that I don’t love it, but mind telling me what the hell you’re wearing?”

I look down at myself, even though I know exactly what he’s talking about. “What do you mean? It’s all I could find that would fit me, I didn’t think you would want me walking to my car wrapped in a towel.” I pout as I tug on the hem of the tank top.

“No, I do not want you walking around in a towel. But I thought that if you were up for it we could hang out with Rosie and Em, maybe head down to the bar and have some fun. You can’t really go in that, now can you?”

I laugh out loud at the look on his face. “Why not, Edward? Do I look that bad? I think it’s pretty hot.” I say with a wink.

Edward wipes his hands on his coveralls before he covers hid face. “Aww Bella! You’re killing me here! Get the hell inside and put some clothes on, please!”

“Fine. If I am actually killing you, I will go get dressed.” I stomp back to my car and take my bag out and drag it back to Edward’s room. I make it about half way before I hear a very obnoxious cat call. I look up to see Emmett walking towards me. I want to melt into the street! I try to walk faster, but there is no way I’m going to get passed him.

“Hey, Bells! Wait up! I heard a rumor you and Ed were getting down in the back of my truck. Say it ain’t so!” His hands were on my shoulders, effectively stopping my escape.

I cover my face with my hands and can’t stop the laughter that escapes from my lips. “I’m so sorry, Emmett! It was completely unplanned... and so completely hot! I hope you’re not mad. Can I buy you a drink later to make up for it?”  What happened next was so surprising to me that I was actually speechless. Emmett picked me up and spun me around, then he placed back on my feet and kissed my forehead.

“No, way! I’m buying you a drink! I don’t care that you guys got it on in the love machine, in fact you’re not the first. Rose is just so happy to see Eddie in the land of the living again. And a happy Rose means a happy Em... so thanks, Tink. I’ll see you at the bar later. Oh, and bring your singing voice, ‘cause I’m about to karaoke my ass off!” He squeezed my shoulders and flashed me his dimples before he jogged back to the motel lobby.

I walk back to Edward’s place feeling super excited about karaoke, until I realize that I don’t have a key to get in. I change my course and head back to where Edward is. When I get to him he has his back towards me and he is pulling his shirt over his head. I clear my throat before I speak, hoping not to startle him.  “Edward, I locked myself out. Can you let me back in so I can get dressed? Or would it be better if I just got my own room, it’s up to you.”

His crooked smile nearly splits his face. “Stay as long as you want, Bella.” He takes out his keys and tosses them to me. “Let yourself in, and I’ll be there as soon as I can. Emmett and Rosalie are meeting us in the Lobby in an hour. Will that be enough time for you to be ready?”

“Do I look that bad, Eddie? I think an hour should do it. See ya in a little bit.” I giggle and call over my shoulder.

Forty minutes later I leave Edward in the shower and make my way to the lobby to wait for Rosalie and Emmett. I feel excited as I think of what’s to come. The last time Edward and I went drinking we had a great time. When I get to the lobby I’m surprised to see a new face behind the desk. Are all the people here beautiful? This guy is about Edward’s height, but he’s leaner. He has blonde curls that hang to his chin and piercing blue eyes. He smiles and speaks before I do.

“Can I help you, ma’am” he asks with a  breath taking smile.

“Oh, I’m not a ma’am!” I laugh loudly. “I’m just waiting for Edward, Rose and Emmett. We’re meeting here, and I guess I’m the first one ready.”

His smile widens and he moves to my side of the desk. “You must be Edward’s Bella. I’m Jazz.” He holds out his hand for me to shake.

I take it and try not to laugh at his statement. “I am Bella, but I’m not so sure I’m Edward’s Bella. I mean we’ve been hanging out, but it’s literally just been a few days. Does that make me his?” I say as I shake his hand. At that moment Rosalie and Emmett make their entrance, looking like Barbie and Ken, and Rosalie answers for him.

“No, Bella that doesn’t make you his. But just so you know, if you keep doing what you were doing in the back of Emmett’s truck this morning, you will definitely become his.” She says with a giggle and everyone laughs out loud. “By the way, Bella this is Jasper. He helps out around here when we need him to.”

Edward chooses that moment to walk in and I feel relieved. He stops next to me and places a kiss to the top of my head, before throwing his arm around my shoulders. “Are we ready to go, kiddos?” He asks, as Emmett starts to pull Rose towards the door. “Let’s get this show on the road! See you later, Jazz. Call us if you need anything!”

The walk to the bar is nice. The air is warm and dry, and I feel myself smiling for no reason. I can’t remember a time in my life where i have felt this carefree, and happy and accepted. Edward brings these feelings out in me with his touch and the way he looks at me. In my head I can imagine this place as my home, these people as my family. I know that I barely know them and that maybe I’m moving to fast, but I feel peace here. That makes me happy, and I smile up at Edward as I lean up to kiss his chin. He winks and runs his hand down my bare arm and it lands on my hip. Somehow this feels more intimate, and I like it. He holds the door open for me so that I can enter the bar.

It’s noisy and the atmosphere is happy. The patrons and bartender greet us, and i feel like part of the “in” crowd. We find a table in the back, close to the karaoke stage and just seeing it brings butterflies to my stomach. I instantly remember that the last time we were here Edward brought me to tears with his magic song, and I decide we should set some ground rules.

“Okay, people. This is how it’s going to work.” I lean across the table and speak in a low voice as if we are discussing covert operations. “It’s dudes against chicks. One song per group. Songs must be from pop music’s greatest era... the 90’s. Any questions?”

Emmett raises his hand and we all laugh. I compose my self and answer in my best teacher voice. “Yes, Emmett, did you have a question?”

“Uh, yeah. Can I have a different partner? I think Eddie is going to suck at 90’s music. I want to sing with Rose.” He actually pouts after he’s done speaking.

Rose and I look at each other and fall into a fit of laughter. She is laughing so hard she can barely talk. “No way, Em! I’m with Bella, and we are going to sing our asses off... after we have a few drinks. Now go buy us a bottle of something so we can do this already!” She smacked him on the arm for emphasis and he stalked off towards the bar.

Edward leans into me and talks into my ear. “Bella, what exactly are you looking for when you say 90’s pop music? Like Britney Spears?” Now it’s my turn to laugh.

I turn to Edward and wrap my arm around his shoulders and pulled him to me. “Baby, if you want to sing a Britney song, I will not stop you.” I kiss his nose because he looks so scared. “ There are other choices, such as N’Sync, Backstreet Boys, Christina Aguilera, 98 degrees... you get the picture.”  He excuses himself to go look at the song list, still looking petrified. A few minutes later he jogs back to the table with a huge smile on his face, and I assume he’s found something he knows. Just the thought makes me giggle.

Emmett brings a bottle of Grey Goose to the table and starts passing out shots. We are drinking without chasers and it doesn’t take much for me to feel ready to take the stage. “Hey Rose, do you have a song in mind? I’m ready if you are.” I say and nudge her with my shoulder.

“I’m totally ready! Let’s do this!” Rose links her arm with mine and we run up to the karaoke staging area to look at the book. Rosalie points to a song, and I can’t help the laugh that escapes my lips. She is bouncing up and down, begging me to sing the song that she has picked. I give in with an over dramatic sigh.

“Fine Rose.” I huffed. “We can do your song, but I get the first verse. Deal?” I hold out my hand for her to shake on it.

“Deal!” She squeals and jumps around me in a circle. We step on to the stage and the music starts as I grab the microphone.
Oh baby, baby
How was I supposed to know
That something wasn't right here
Oh baby baby
I shouldn't have let you go
And now you're out of sight, yeah
Show me, how you want it to be
Tell me baby
'Cause I need to know now what we've got
My loneliness is killing me
I must confess, I still believe
When I'm not with you I lose my mind
Give me a sign
Hit me baby one more time

We take turns singing in to the mic and dancing around the stage. The bar patrons are hollering at us and our boys are screaming cat calls and singing along. Rose and I hold on to each other and dance for all we are worth. Then it’s over and we take our bow. We give Edward and Emmett high fives as we walk by them and they step on the stage not looking so sure of themselves. I must say that it’s better than Christmas morning! I can’t wait to see what they are going to sing. Apparently it’s been decided already, because Edward is whispering to the karaoke guy and Emmett is doing some kind of stretching exercises on the stage. When the music starts I look at Rosalie just in time to see her jump up and rush the stage. Emmett holds out his hand to her like he’s a rock star as he sings.

You are my fire
The one desire
Believe when I say
I want it that way

But we are two worlds apart
Can't reach to your heart
When you say
That I want it that way
Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a mistake
Tell me why
I never wanna hear you say
I want it that way”

Edward picked the damn Backstreet Boys! And they are doing them well. Emmett is singing his heart out to Rose who is screaming in his face. My beautiful man has the guitar strapped to him again and every few lines he leans in and sings into the microphone that Emmett holds. They actually look like they are having fun and I can’t help but pull the camera I always have in my purse out and take a picture of them. This will be my new memory. My new happy place. I must have a goofy look on my face, because Edward is mirroring it back to me. His look makes me giggle as the song comes to an end. Emmett and Edward curtsy as the bar erupts in applause. He makes it all the way to the table before he starts laughing but when he does, he can’t stop. He lays his head on the table and asks Emmett to pour him another shot. We drink the entire bottle and then decide to raid the diner for some food.

We stumble our way over to the diner and Emmett makes grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone. We talk and laugh and take turns making fun of our karaoke performances. And finally decide that it is time to call it a night. Edward and I leave Rose and Emmett to lock up the diner. Emmett calls out as we reach the door. “Hey you two, stay the fuck out of my truck tonight! I’m not kidding, I gave you a pass last night because of the awesome bonfire, but walk the ten steps to your bed lazy asses!”

“Good night, guys!” We yell together as we step out into the night air giggling and holding hands. All I can think is that I’m about to sleep in Edward’s bed again, and I really don’t want this to end. I decide that I’m just going to pretend that I’m home, because I want to enjoy every second I have left with The Pretty. As he opens the door for us I breath a sigh of relief that it doesn’t feel awkward. Edward pours two glasses of water and grabs some Advil, while I change back into his boxers and tank top. He walks in the room and peels his clothes off until he is only in his underwear. We lay down together and I settle myself into his embrace and enjoy his scent as it swirls around in my head. The last thing I hear is his light snoring in my ear as I drift off to sleep.



Let's go all the way tonight
No regrets, just love
We can dance, until we
You make me feel
Like I'm livin' a
Teenage dream
The way you turn me on
I can't sleep
Let's run away and
Don't ever look back,
Don't ever look back

My heart stops
When you look at me
Just one touch
Now baby I believe
This is real
So take a chance and
Don't ever look back,
Don't ever look back
Teenage Dream~Katy Perry

No comments: