Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chapter 18- I'm Yours

BPOV

Waking up in my bed with Edward wrapped around me is heaven. Looking at the clock and seeing that it is almost noon is even better. I haven’t slept this good since I left Baker. I try to wiggle out of his arms and make it to the bathroom without waking him, but as soon as I move to get up, he pulls me back in.

“Good morning, Baby Girl,” he whispers against the back of my neck.

“Good morning, Love. I didn’t mean to wake you, but I really have to pee,” I say as I squeeze his arms tighter around my waist.

Edward finally releases me, and I pull the quilt from the bed and wrap it around myself before running across the hall to the bathroom. As I brush my teeth I take note of how deliciously sore my body is. I take care of my morning routine and then run back across the hall to my room. I walk through the door and find Edward asleep again. I stand next to the bed and watch him. The sunlight is streaming in, making his hair look even more red than it usually does. He is so beautiful. I’ll never understand how he came to be mine.

“Are you going to stand there and stare at me all day or what?” he asks without opening his eyes.

“Just trying to figure out what I did to deserve you,” I whisper

He blinks up at me, and I let the quilt fall to the floor in a pool around my feet. “Damn B, you can’t just get naked without warning like that. I could have a heart attack.”

I giggle as he pulls me down into bed with him. “Edward, as much as I want to lay in bed with you until the end of time, I have plans for us today. Plans that require us to shower and get dressed.”

“I’ll get up if we can shower together... I’ll even wash your hair.” He wiggles his eyebrows at me.

“Deal,” I say as I stand and drag him out of bed with me. He wraps the blanket around both of us, and we walk to the bathroom together.

After wasting an obscene amount of water in the shower, I pack us a picnic. We headed out to one of my favorite places in the world, Presidio Park. As we make our way up the winding road, I try to watch his face to see his reaction. It’s beautiful here and once I get him out of the car and into the park, it will be absolutely perfect. I find a place to park, and I turn to look at Edward.

“This is Presidio Park. There is a museum and some really cool ruins here, but mostly I just lay on the grass and watch the couples that come here to make out. I think of what it would be like to not be alone here.” I pull on a thread at the hem of my shorts.

“Well if you brought me here to make out, then we better get to it!” He laughs and runs out of the car and into the grass with the blanket I brought for our picnic.

We sit on the grass feeding each other fruit salad and throwing bread crumbs to the birds. We talked and teased. Finally we laid on our blanket and made out. I pointed out a wedding taking place off in the distance and of course that prompted questions about the future.

“Do you wanna get married, Bella?” Edward asks looking up at me through his lashes.

“Are you proposing, Eddie?” I giggle and lay my head in his lap.

“Um, no. I mean...not this second, but I hope to one day. Is that something that you want?” He plays with my hair and smirks at me.

“It’s something that I definitely want...one day.” I pull his hand to my lips so that I can place a kiss in his palm.

“Good. I’ll keep that in mind. You know...for one day.” He grabs my hand and returns the kiss before laying next to me and wrapping me up in his arms. We lay there until the sun starts to set and the wind makes us shiver.

Alice texts me just as we are packing up to leave and asks that we meet her at home for dinner. She’s bringing home left over food from a party she catered, and she assures me that we will love it. I let Edward know, and he’s all for hanging out at home. I return the text and tell her that we’ll pick up dessert. I’m excited for Edward and Alice to get to know each other. Besides my dad, they are my only family. I know that everything will be fine, but I’m nervous for my two worlds to finally collide.
xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo

After picking up pie and ice cream for dessert, Edward and I join Alice for left over gourmet pizza and wine. We talk about our day and how we plan to spend our night. Eventually I could tell that  Alice is busting at the seams to interrogate Edward.

“Eddie, I think Alice is going to have an aneurysm if she doesn’t get to ask you some questions soon. See the smoke coming out of her ears? That’s from her teeth grinding together to keep from having an outburst.”

“Go ahead, Alice. Shoot. I can take it.” I cross my arms over my chest and smirk at her.

“Finally! Jeez! I’m dying over here!” She pulls her chair closer to me.

I wave my hand toward Edward in a gesture that tells her to go ahead. I look at him and he looks scared. Alice is clapping and jumping around in her chair.

“Okay... so Edward, where are you from?” Obviously she is starting slow, because I know this isn’t what she’s been dying to know.

“I’m from L.A. originally, but I live in Baker now. My parents live in La Jolla, so I guess I’m a secondhand San Diegan.” He chuckles.

“Really? La Jolla? I love it there!” And that is all it takes for Alice to go off on a completely different subject. She goes on and on about the beach and boutiques that she loves. Then she was talking about an event that she catered there. I just sit back and smiled as I watch Alice’s mouth move a million miles a minute. Edward looks amused and laughs out loud when she takes a huge breath in between sentences. The conversation begins to wind down when she remembers something that makes her squeal.

“I almost forgot! Next month I have a job there! It’s a garden party at a beautiful house on the shore. I’m so excited about it. It’s an annual party and it could be really good for my little catering company.”

Edward looks at me and smiles. “Did you say a garden party on the shore? Do you remember the name of the hosts?” he asks, and I narrow my eyes at him in question.

Alice and I exchange a questioning glance before she answers, “I don’t remember the name, but I do remember that it is a fund raiser for Rady’s Children’s Hospital. It’s kind of a big deal.”

Edward stands up and smiles at her. “That’s my parents party, Alice. I can put a good word in for you if you want, I can probably make sure that you have a standing gig. My mom will be thrilled that I have new friends, or any friends for that matter.”

Alice ran to him and hugged him harder than was necessary, but he didn’t seem to mind. He hugged her back. Have I mentioned that I love him?

Edward and I volunteer to clean up since Alice cooked, and she has plans with someone named Garrett this evening. It is nice to be together in the domestic sense again, but I just want to get it done so that we can get back upstairs. Do you blame me? He’s leaving tomorrow.

Alice comes back downstairs looking as gorgeous as I expect her to. She grabs her keys and smiles at us before heading for the door.

“It was so nice to finally get to talk to you, Edward. You are everything Bella said you were. I totally get it now,” Alice says, smiling at me.

“Ditto, Alice. But what is it that you get?” I ask.

“I get why she has to have you, silly boy.” she says before waving and walking out the door.

xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo
EPOV

Bella had to have me? What does that even mean? I guess I understand. I felt that way about Bella from the first time she sat in my car. She is intoxicating and addicting. I just never thought that she felt that way about me. I mean why would she? I haven’t given her anything, except my broken heart. And what is that really worth anyway?

I walk over to the couch to join Bella, and she is fiddling with her fingers and avoiding my gaze. I don’t know what has her acting like that all of a sudden, but I assume it’s what Alice said. Maybe it wasn’t true.

“What’s up, Bella?” I kneel in front of the couch so that I can look her in the eyes.

“Nothing. I just don’t want you to get freaked out about what Ali said. I mean, I never told her that I had to have you. I guess I do, though. Or at least I know that I don’t want to ever be with out you.” She takes a deep breath and when her eyes finally meet mine, they glisten with tears. “Are you freaked out yet?”

I move closer to her and wrap my arms around her waist. “Bella, you aren’t going to freak me out. I love you, and I want you to feel like you have to have me. I feel the same way and hearing you say it makes me feel like I’m not crazy. It’s gotten serious in a very short period of time, but I wouldn’t change it for anything.”

Before I can continue, Bella grabs my face and crashes her lips to mine. Her hands are in my hair, and she bites gently on my bottom lip. I move to get closer to her, but she pushes on my shoulders until I am sitting on the floor and she straddles my lap. I can tell that she needs to dominate this kiss so I surrender. Bella grips the hem of my shirt and sits back far enough to lift it over my head. She kisses my neck and across my shoulder. It’s killing me to let her have control, and when I can’t take it anymore, I lift her off my lap and lie her on the carpet.

I undress her faster than I ever have before. I need to see her, and to feel her, and to taste her. She fills my soul and my heart, and I need her to know it. I never want her to think that this relationship is one sided again. I sit back on my knees and try to take in every inch of her. She is beautiful, stunning even, and I have a feeling that she doesn’t even know it.

I lift her left foot and kiss the inside of her ankle. She smiles at me and my heart swells. “I love you, Baby Girl. I love you so much that sometimes I feel like my heart could explode.” I kiss the inside of her knee and rub my lips so softly across the inside of her thigh. “I don’t know how I can hold all of the love inside of me. I don’t know how I can ever show you what you mean to me. But I’m going to try to show you, even if I have to try forever.”

I move past where I know she wants me most and kiss her right below her belly button. She sighs, and I feel her hands in my hair again. “Edward, touch me. Please,” she begs, and I move further up her body until I can look into her eyes.

I lean down to kiss her lips before I move down and kiss across her chest. She lets out a soft moan as I take her nipple into my mouth and feel it pebble between my lips. I release her and move to give the same treatment on the other side, but Bella has a different idea. I feel her hands move between us and she unbuttons my shorts. She uses her feet to push them down my legs.
I sit up and smile at her.

“We have to go upstairs, Bella,” I say, rubbing my hands up the outside of her thighs.

“What? Why? I need you now, Edward. Like right now.” She pouts.

“No little Edwards and Bellas remember?” I smile down at her, and she scowls at me. “Come on, Love. I’ll carry you.”

We both stand up, and I throw Bella over my shoulder and run up the stairs. She is laughing and slapping my ass the whole way. I open the door to her room and then close it with my foot once we are inside. I walk to her bed and drop her onto it. She is still laughing and she looks so happy.

I grab her camera off of her dresser, and she scrambles to get under her blankets.

“No naked pictures, Edward!” she shrieks.

“Aww, but Baby you look so beautiful right now.” I laugh as she pulls the sheet up and over her head. A moment later she peeks out over the top, and I snap the picture. I put the camera down and when I turn back to her, the look in her eyes has changed. It’s lust and love and need I see now. I grab a condom from the night table and get into bed next to her.

Just as lay down she moves to her knees and straddles my waist again. I sit up and she locks her ankles behind my back, pulling me impossibly closer to her. I kiss her lips, slow and soft, and I know that I will spend the rest of the night showing her my love. Tomorrow night, when she lays in her bed without me, she will have no questions as to whether I love or need or want her the way she loves and needs and wants me. She’ll never have to wonder again, she’ll just know.

xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo

The next day we stay in bed until our stomachs are rumbling. I am afraid of popping the bubble, and I think that she is too. We shower, dress and make our way downstairs. Alice is already up and has the table set up like a buffet. There are two places set at the counter and coffee brewing. She smiles when she sees us, but her smile quickly fades when she takes a good look at Bella. I think she knows that she could crumble any second.

“ I made some food and stuff. I figured you would be hungry, and I was bored...so...anyway. I hope I’ll be seeing more of you, Edward. I’m going to get out of your way right now, though. Oh, and I folded the clothes I found on the floor. They’re on the couch if you’re looking for them.”

I have no idea how she talks without breathing, but all of the things that she’s done are really sweet. “Thank you so much, Alice. I think I’ll see you at the garden party. Maybe I can even convince Bella to go with me.”

Alice nods and rubs Bella’s shoulder before she heads back upstairs. Then the silence settles over us as we eat and just stare at each other. I feed her fruit and pieces of my omelet and wait for her to talk to me.

“Edward, I’m sorry that I’m sitting here pouting, but I’m sad again. I don’t want to be without you. I feel selfish for feeling that way. I know that you are trying to be strong for both of us and convince me that everything is going to be fine no matter how far apart we are. The only thing is that it isn’t okay. I don’t want to do this anymore. Two weeks...even one week is too long. And I know that it was me who said that I have things to take care of before I can leave San Diego, but I think I want to change my mind now that I know that I can do everything I want and have you too.” She sighs and wipes the tears from her cheeks. I pull her into my lap and hold her tight.

“What are you saying, Baby?” I ask as I rub her back.

When she looks up at me her eyes are sad and red. “I think I’m saying that I want to go back to Baker and not leave you any more.” She sniffles and wipes her nose on my shoulder.

“Then come to Baker, Love. Stay forever if you want. I can take some of your stuff with me and you can bring the rest with you. Or what ever you want, Bella. We can do what ever you want.”

Bella snuggles further into me, and I can feel her smile against my neck. “Edward? Can I live with you?” she asks and kisses the soft spot below my ear.

“Yes, Angel. Anything you want, remember? Come live with me, please.”







Well you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks, now I'm trying to get back

Before the cool done run out I'll be giving it my bestest
And nothing's going to stop me but divine intervention
I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some

But I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and then you're free
Look into your heart and you'll find love love love love

Listen to the music of the moment people, dance and sing
We're just one big family
And it's our God-forsaken right to be loved loved loved loved loved

So I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm sure
There's no need to complicate, our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours
I'm Yours ~ Jason Mraz

No comments: