Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Chapter 22- Slide

EPOV
After Bella comes home and shows me the dress and shit she bought for my mom's party, I realize that I have to go shopping too. I want us to look like a couple, and I know that means me wearing a pink fucking tie. Emmett and I decide to go together and eliminate the possibility of it becoming a huge ordeal. I want to get in and get out of there as fast as I can. It's bad enough that I have to go to the damn mall on a Friday morning.
I drive and my brother in law sits next to me and complains for the entire trip. "Man, Rosie said I have to wear a tie. Are you wearing a tie?"
"Of course I am, my mom would kick my ass if I showed up under dressed. Even worse mine is going to be hot fucking pink to match Bella's dress." I grumble.
Emmet laughs loudly before he speaks again. "That fuckin' sucks, Eddie! You are definitely getting the shitty end of the stick in that deal."
"I know, but I'll wear what ever I have to wear to see my girl in the dress she bought. Seriously, she looks un-fucking believable in it." I say.
"I bet she does, and I can't wait to see you in your pink tie, bro. I bet you will look so pretty!" He laughs, clearly finding my discomfort hilarious.
"Damn right, now shut the fuck up about it." I can't help but laugh with him.
xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo
When we get to the mall we head for the biggest department store there and go straight to the men's wear. We need to find our shit and have it tailored. I'm done before Em and decide to do a little shopping. I have been thinking that it's time for me to give my Bella a gift. She has been so adamant about paying her own way, and making sure everyone knows it, that I haven't been able to spoil her at all. I want to give her the world, but I settle on earrings that will match her dress.
The sales girl spots me from a mile away. I watch her lick her lips as a smile creeps across her face. "Can I help you?"
"Yeah. I mean I hope so. I'm looking for a gift for my girl. Something simple and pink... uh... hot pink... maybe earrings?" I hate that I stuttered. I hope I don't sound insincere, I'm just so scared I'm going to piss her off.
The girl, whose name I now know is Lynsey, pulls out a tray full of sparkly shit. "How about these?" She asks, holding a pair of earrings that have dangling pink stones hanging off of them.
"Well, I was thinking of something a bit more simple. These, I think." I point to a pair of small pink stones that will sit flush against her ear.
"Those are definitely simple, but pretty. Good choice. Can I help you find anything else?" Lynsey is still smiling brightly at me.
I'm just about to pull out my wallet and finalize the sale, when I see it. Right next to the empty space where Bella's new earrings used to live, is a tiny ring. The ring is a knot of little pink stones set in gold. It looks like it may be a pinky ring, but since all of Bella's fingers are tiny I have no idea where she will wear it. I still think it's perfect.
"Hey Lynsey!" I say, a bit too loudly for a Neiman's jewelry counter.
She turns with her eyebrows raised."Yes? Was there something else?"
"Yeah, can I see that little knot ring?"
"Knot ring?" She sounds puzzled, then she sees it. "Oh, the love knot. Good choice."
Love knot? Yup, fucking perfect. I take the ring from her and hold it between my fore finger and thumb. It's small, and shiny... just like Bella. It makes me smile. It definitely belongs on baby girl's finger. "I'll take it."
xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo
I open the door to the apartment and the cool air almost knocks me over. I can hear Bella singing in our bedroom. I crack the door so that I can see her. She is wearing a white lace bra, and a white thong. She also has on thigh high stockings held up by a garter belt. What the... The Goo Goo Dolls are blasting from her ipod and in the middle of my favorite line of "Slide" she turns and sees me in the doorway.
When she turns to face me I see that she is pouting. "What's wrong, Angel? Are you that happy to see me?"
She sighs loudly before she answers me. "Of course I'm happy to see you, but I didn't want you to see this yet." She waves her hand in front of her body. "And I just discovered that I can't wear the thigh highs with the shoes I bought, so that means no sexy girl garter belt either." Her exaggerated pout makes me want to kiss her full lips.
"Well then I'm glad that I got to see you, because you look amazing, Bells."
"Thanks, baby. I'm just a little disappointed."
"Don't be," I say making my over to her. When I reach her I wrap my arms around my waist. "You can always put that stuff back on when we get home. Better yet you can wear them tonight when we meet my parents for dinner, then I can take you back to their guest room and have my way with you. Every teenage boys dream come true. I'd totally be okay with that." I smirk at her and squeeze her ass tight, suddenly very happy we agreed to spend the night at my parents house. And I thought the only benefit was that we won't have to get up at the ass crack of dawn.
"Oh, you'd be okay with it? Just okay? I wouldn't want to bother you or anything." She says, her voice dripping with sarcasm as she tries to wiggle out of my arms. "By the way I am not having sex with you in your parent's house, though I'm glad to know that you wouldn't mind it."
I hold her tighter and cradle her face in my hands. I rest my forehead against hers. "I bought you something today... well, two somethings really... and I'm so good at gift giving, that I think you will let me do all sorts of dirty things to you at my parent's house." I wiggle my eyebrows as I whisper against her lips.
Her eyes are huge when she raises her face to look at me. "Edward! Why would you buy me something! I don't need any... um, things!" I knew she'd be pissed.
"Yes you do, baby. You're sad. I want to see you happy," I pull the black velvet boxes from my pocket. "and I think these are going to make you happy. At least, I hope they make you happy."
She takes the boxes from me and looks up at me with tears in her eyes. I turn her around and walk behind her with my hands on her hips. When we make it to our bed, I pull her down in my lap. She stares at the boxes like they are a puzzle that she is trying to figure out. I kiss her hair and encourage her to open them.
"Open them, baby girl." I kiss her again.
Bella sets one of the boxes down in her lap and opens the other one slowly. It's the earrings.
"They match your dress. They are small and sparkly, like you. Do you like them?" I smile at her.
"You bought me earrings to match my dress, Edward?" Tears fall from her eyes and I wipe them away with my thumb.
"Yeah. And your shoes. They match your shoes, too. Do you like them?" I ask again.
"I love them!" She squeals and throws her arms around my neck. The force of her hug knocks me backwards and she ends up straddling me. She kisses my face repeatedly.
I laugh loudly at her and tickle her side. "Open the other one, B!"
I watch her face go blank as she opens the box. She is completely silent. Her finger caresses the knot in the center of the ring almost reverently. "A tiny knot."
"Because I want to be tied to you forever." I pull the ring from the box and slide it on to her right pinky. Of course, because it would be too much to ask to have it fit, it's too big.
Bella looks at me and pouts. So fucking cute. "It would have been so bad ass if it would have fit." I say as I lean forward and suck her bottom lip into my mouth."
"It really would have, baby." She kisses my nose.
I take the ring off of her and switch it to her left pinky. It fits. Thank God. "This finger is closer to where my ring should be any way. I love you." I say before I kiss her hand.
"I love you, too... so much, baby." She leans forward and I find myself on my back. Her kisses are deep and I can feel that she is putting her whole heart into them. "And I love my gifts. You make me so happy. Thank you for thinking of me."
"I always think of you. You are my air, Bella. I hope that I make you as happy as you make me, baby." I kiss her hard, and when she pulls my shirt over my head before collapsing onto my chest, I know that we are going to be late for dinner.
xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo
Driving down to my parent's house is routine for me. What isn't routine is driving with Bella I can see how nervous she is as I watch her fidget in her seat. I finally talk Bella into wearing the garter and stockings to dinner. Just because she can't wear them to the party, doesn't mean that I have to miss totally miss out. I do notice that she changed the white stocking to black, and knowing that she has that sexy shit under her pretty little dress is sexy as fuck. I watch her cross her legs and my fingers itch to touch her.
She looks like a super model. Her make up is minimal, but flawless and her hair is all curly, pinned up on her head. If we weren't trying to beat traffic I'd pull over and violate her ten ways from Sunday right now. I'm sure I could burn off her nervous energy quickly. I know baby girl wouldn't object. Bella runs her hand up my thigh, as though she can read my mind.
"You look beautiful, Angel. You have no reason to be nervous. Calm down, or if you want we can just turn around right now." I try to soothe her.
She faces me and I can see the fire in her eyes. "Edward, I spent more time getting ready for this dinner than I spent getting ready for my prom. We are going to your fancy restaurant, and I'm going to impress your parent with my wisdom and wit. And you are not going to leave my side for one single second. Do you hear me?"
"First of all it is not my fancy restaurant, and is that an order? Are you ordering me not to leave your side?" I smirk at her.
"Yes, it is. Don't tease me, Eddie. I'm freaking out here." She whines and stomps her foot.
I laugh loudly and slip my hand under her dress. "I can help you with the stress if you'd like, Bella. You know that I don't have a problem with pleasuring you while operating a moving vehicle. I'm a phenomenal multi-tasker. All you have to do is say the word."
"Don't do it , Edward. I'll be a mess when we get there, and this fabric will not hide a wet spot, baby." She giggles, and pulls my hand from between her thighs. "But just out of curiosity, what is the word? For future reference, I mean."
"Fine," I sigh "but don't say that I didn't offer." I kiss her fingers and speed up a little. Suddenly I can't wait for my parents to meet my girl.
I have never introduced a woman to my family. My parents pushed Tanya and I together, and there hasn't been anyone else worth the time it would take to make the trip. Now, I'm fucking fidgeting and shit, anxious for them to meet her. I want them to see that I am happy, and that I'm going to be okay. I'm well aware that my family has been worried about me since the death of my son. The truth is that I was worried, too. I never thought that I could find a new reason to live. I was just going through the motions, waiting to die. Realizing how much Bella has changed my life makes my heart ache. I don't think that I will ever be able to tell her everything that she's done for me. I hope that I can show her.
I look over at her and find her smiling at me. I bring her fingers to my lips again and then hold them against my chest. I can feel my heartbeat, and I know she can too. I hope she knows that it beats for her, because it does. Everything I have become since she walked into my shop those few short months ago is because of her.
I can't resist wrapping my arm around her shoulder and pulling her to me. I need her closer, always closer. She settles her head in the crook of my neck and I know that I will never be alone again.
xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo
Bella and I arrive at my parent's favorite restaurant, The Marine Room, about twenty minutes late, and find my folks at the bar. I know that they have a standing reservation, so I'm slightly amused. I smile at them when I see my mom raise her hand to call us over. I grab Bella's hand and guide her through the small crowd. My parents both reach out to hug me, but I never let go of my girls hand.
"You must be Isabella," my mom reaches out to hug Bella, but she stops short, and cradles her face instead. "Oh, honey. You are gorgeous. It's so nice to finally meet you."
"Likewise, Mrs. Cullen." Bella smiles and leans into my mother's arms.
"Sweetie, Mrs. Cullen is my mother in law. Please call me Esme."
"Of course, Esme." I watch the exchange between my girl and my mom, and I can't help but smile.
I look at Carlisle, and find him smiling at them, too. Then he looks back and forth between Bella and I a few times before he leans in to hug her. "Nice to meet you, Bella. Edward has told us so much about you. Is he treating you good, sweetheart?"
"He is. We're very happy. You raised a good man." She says as she snuggles up to my side.
In the middle of our love-fest the hostess approaches us to let us know that our table is ready. When we walk into the dining room Bella stops and gasps. I look at her face and see that she is staring out of the huge floor to ceiling windows that look out over the ocean. The view is gorgeous from here and I can understand why she is taken back. I also remember that she told me how much loves the beach, when she took me her favorite spot during my visit to her house.
"It's beautiful, isn't it? I'm so used to coming here to get grilled by my parents, I forget to appreciate how fantastic this place is."
"Is that beach down there private?" She asks, trying to get a closer look out the window.
"No, I don't think so. Why, babe?" I turn to look at her, because I have no idea where she's going with this.
"Let's get married out there. It's so beautiful. You know how much I love the beaches here." She squeezes my hand and the look on her face makes me laugh.
"Bella, I haven't proposed yet. You can't plan the wedding yet." I chuckle.
"I know, Edward, but I also know that you will. I'm not trying to rush you or anything. I'm just saying that when it does happen, I'd like for it to happen there. It's my only request." She wraps both arms around my waist and pulls me to her. When she looks at me with her big brown eyes, there is nothing that I can deny her.
"Whatever you want, Bella. We'll talk about it soon, but not here. If we mention it in front of my mom, she'll have the entire wedding planned before I even get the chance to ask you the right way."
"The right way, huh? Do you have something in mind already, E?" Bella bats her lashes at me and gives me a smirk that I'm sure she has picked up from me.
"Maybe I have and maybe I haven't, but I'm sure not going to tell you either way right now. "
She laughs and kisses my cheek. "Let's go sit down. I'm not done charming your parents yet."
And charm them she does. I sit in awe of baby girl as she talks about her childhood, and her schooling. She talks about photography and our Vegas trip. I watch them fall in love with her. Bella just has that effect on people. Have I mentioned how lucky I am?
___________________________________________________________________________________
Don't supposed I'll ever know
What it means to be a man
It's somethin' I can't change
I'll live around it
I wanna wake up where you are
I won't say anything at all
So why don't you slide
Ooh, slide
And I'll do anythin' you ever dreamed to be complete
Little pieces of the nothin' that fall
Oh, May
Put your arms around me
What you feel is what you are
And what you are is beautiful
Oh, May
Do you wanna get married Or run away?
Slide ~ The Goo Goo Dolls

No comments: