Friday, February 11, 2011

Chapter 14- If It's Love

Chapter 14- If It’s Love
BPOV

After meeting with a counselor at my school, I turn on my phone and find a bunch of messages from Edward. He sounds worried as he apologizes profusely for not answering my call last night. It’s cute that he thinks I’m going to freak out over a phone call, or the lack of one. I set my phone on the seat next to me and decide to let him stew until I get home. I drive home as quickly as the law allows. It’s nice to be able to drive around again. Everything looks green and familiar. Who knew I loved Interstate 8 so much. I’m on auto pilot, as I drive home, although there is only one thought in my head. I wish Edward was here.

I’m already dialing Edward’s number as I make my way into the house. I put the phone to my ear and wave to Alice while I jog to my bedroom. I flop down on my bed just as Edward answers my call. When I hear his voice, I feel bad for making him wait.

“Bella?” He sighs. He sounds scared, like he isn’t sure what to say next.

“Edward? Are you okay? Where were you last night?” I’m talking really fast, and I’m sure that he can tell that I’m a little angry.

“I’m okay, Bella. I was home. Emmett came over with alcohol  to distract me, because I was kind of upset after you left. I drank a little to much and then I passed out. Are you mad at me?” He sounds worried.

“I’m not mad at you, Edward, but I told you that I was going to call  you back. I’m disappointed that I didn’t get to hear your voice. You didn’t consider how I would feel when you didn’t answer, and then you waited until the day was almost over to return my call.” I sigh.

“Oh, but Bella, there is a reason why it took me so long to call you back, baby. It’s a really good reason, too. Em, woke me up this morning and told me that I had a customer waiting downstairs. So, I go down there and there is an old red Rabbit parked in front of the garage.” He pauses as if he is giving me time to think about what he just said. So I do.

“A red Rabbit? You mean like a Volkswagon Rabbit?” I ask so quietly that I’m not sure if he hears me. There is no way that it’s the car that I’m thinking of. Why would he be telling me this? “CHEESE AND RICE, EDWARD! JAKE WAS THERE?” I yell into the phone.

Edward chuckles before he answers, “ Yup.” He pops his p. “He was here and I fixed his car. Then while I was backing it out of the garage, I saw a picture of the two of you on his dashboard. I figured out who he was, and Emmett punched him in the face. It was classic. I don’t think that you’ll be hearing from him anytime soon, baby girl.”

I don’t really know how I feel about this new development. “Well, I guess that is a pretty good reason for you not calling me earlier.”

“Bella? Are you okay?” He sounds worried again.

All of the things that I wanted to tell him about school seem to just fall out of my brain, and the anger leaves me on one of my exhales. I have to get off the phone.

“Yeah, I’m okay. I have to go Edward. I’ll call you later, maybe tomorrow.” I say as I press the button on my phone to end the call.

I’m not exactly sure why I’m freaking out, but I am definitely freaking out. Edward and Jake were never supposed to meet, and they surely weren’t supposed to talk. It’s too weird. I’m sure that everyone back home will be hearing about it soon enough. Deep breaths, Bella. I need Alice, and a cupcake. I call Alice on my way out the door and tell her to meet me at Heaven Sent bakery, I may also tell her that it’s an emergency.

                       xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo

I love where I live. There are a multitude of little mom and pop establishments in my neighborhood. This just happens to include the best coffee bars, ice cream parlors, and bakeries. I settle in at a table with strawberry cupcakes, red velvet for Alice, and hot chocolate for both of us. I don’t wait for Alice to arrive before I start eating.

I’m starting on my second cupcake when she pulls out the chair across from me. “Hey, Bella Boo, what’s the emergency?” she asks as she pulls the plate of her cupcakes towards her.

“Edward fixed Jake’s car. Oh, and Edward’s brother Emmett punched Jake in the face. It’s got me all freaked out, and I’m not really sure why,” I say with my mouth full of sugary goodness.

“Bella, when have you ever needed a reason to freak out? You’re Bella, that’s what you do. So, what’s the big deal? What did Edward say when you started to freak out?” she asks as she takes a very dainty bite of her cupcake.

“Um, he didn’t really say anything. I told him I had to get off of the phone, and I kinda hung up on him.” My answer comes out as a mumble.

Alice reaches across the table and picks up what is left of my cupcake, and shoves it in her mouth. “You don’t deserve anymore of the yummy, Bella. Go call him and apologize. Now.” I lift my eyes to hers, and she is serious.

“Fine, Mom, I’m going.” I get up and push my chair in.

“Good girl. I’ll bring more cupcakes home. Drive safe.” She smiles and waves me off.

I throw my purse in the back seat and I put my phone on the passenger seat. The phone buzzes as soon as I put the key in the ignition. This time he sent a text. I open it and I can’t control the smile that creeps across my lips.

I fucking miss you.

How cute is my boy? I am tempted to dial his number, but I refrain. I have an idea.

When I get home, I’m glad that Alice isn’t there, because I don’t want to stop and chat before I get my idea to Edward. I run up the front steps and make my way to my bedroom as fast I can. I grab my camera and the brightest lipstick I own. I run down the hallway to the bathroom and turn on the light. I stare at my reflection in the mirror before I open the lipstick tube. I use it to scrawl my message across the mirror.

I miss you.

It’s messy and all me. I pick up my camera and snap a picture of it. You can only see the top of my head, my lens and my words. He’s going to be pissed that he can’t see my face, but that fucker didn’t answer last night so now we are even. I quickly load the picture onto my computer and email it to my self so I can text it to him. I’m sure there is an easier way, but I’m tech retarded, so whatever. The whole process takes five minutes, and now I sit back and wait for his response. It comes in record time.

“Bella, I’m so sorry if I upset you. I didn’t mean to, love. Please call me.”

His phone doesn’t even ring a full ring before he answers. “Bella, I’m sorry,” He says as a greeting.

“No, Edward, I’m sorry. I don’t know why I freaked out, baby. I just never expected you and Jake to meet or talk. I was just a little overwhelmed, I think.”

“ Are you okay now? Do you need anything from me?” He’s so damn sweet, I wish I could kiss him right now.

“I’m good, Eddie. Alice is on her way with a shit ton of cupcakes. I’m sure there will also be hot chocolate and some nail painting as well.” I sigh. “I wish you were here, honey. I miss you so much.”

“I miss you too, baby girl. I love this picture you sent me, I just wish that I could see your face.”

“I knew that you were going to say that! I did it on purpose, that’s what you get for making me go to bed with out your voice last night.” I pout, even though I know he can’t see me.

“Are you pouting, Bella? I distinctly hear a pout. I already apologized for that. Missing you drove me to drink, and then I passed out, please forgive me.”

“You are forgiven, sweet face. Let’s not talk about it anymore. Besides the Jacob incident, how was your day?”

“My day was good, I guess. Same shit, different day. How was yours?”

“Well, I went to school to see what my options were, and I’m fairly happy with the outcome of the meeting. She told me that transferring my credits shouldn’t be a problem. She also told me that my best bet is to get all of my paper work in order and plan on starting back in the fall,” I say, and wait for his response.

“What does that mean, Bella?” Even though he is practically whispering, I can hear the smile in his voice.

“It means I have a free summer, with the option of maybe transferring to UNLV. If that is something that we think is a good idea. Do you think it’s a good idea, Edward?”

“Absofreakinlutely! Come on, Bella, think about it. It will be so great if you could be that close all the time. Although you are closer to the beach, and summer is definitely beach season, so we have some planning to do. It’s nice to know we have options, though. Right?” He sounds really happy and that makes me happy.

“It’s really nice to have options, baby. And planning beach days just happens to be one of my favorite things to do. We can do that when you get here.” I giggle.

“Edward?” I whisper. “I need to talk to you about something. I need you to understand why going to school is so important to me. I don’t want you to think that I’m just choosing something over you for no reason.”

“I know you have a reason, love. You don’t have to explain anything to me. Please don’t feel like you do. I don’t want to be the kind of boyfriend that acts like your needs come last. If it’s important to you, than it’s equally as important to me.” My boy is fucking amazing. If I was with him right now, he’d so be getting laid.

“I know, but that’s just it. Jake was that kind of boyfriend. I forgot about what I wanted. I was marrying him because that is what he needed, and his needs came first.  What I want is to start a photography business. I want something that is my own, and I want a business degree before I do it. I need to know that you can support my decision. I love you, and I want you to be there when I need a hug or when I need to celebrate. I want to do this with you by my side. It’s the only way that we can work. I don’t want to give my life away, I want to be happy for once. You loving me for who I am has given me the courage to do this. Do you get it, or do you think I’m crazy?” I ask quietly.

“I get it, Bella, and I think you’re amazing. I also think that you can do anything you set your mind to, and I will support anything and everything that you want to do. If you’re happy, I’m happy,” he answers without hesitation, and I fall in love with him all over again.

                    xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo~xoxo

The next morning I am in an incredibly good mood. I’m practically skipping around the house. I unpack some boxes and print out the pictures of Edward and I. Seeing his face makes me smile. The door bell rings and pulls me out of my Edward bubble. Alice isn’t home, so make my way to the front of the house. I open the door to a delivery boy holding the most gorgeous flowers I’ve ever seen.

“Delivery for Bella Swan,” he says holding out a clipboard for me to sign.

“That’s me,” I say as I take his pen and sign the paper.

Before walking away, he hands me the flowers and says a quick, “Have a nice day”.

I stand on the porch stunned, looking down my street for someone to jump out and prank me. Ive never had flowers delivered to me in my life! I’m so excited and they are so beautiful; orange gerber daisies, pink calla lilies, and orange orchids. I grab the card as I close the front door behind me.

“I hope these put a smile on your face, like loving you puts a smile on mine.”

Oh my gosh, I love this man!!!






You can move in
I won't ask where you've been
'cause everybody has a past
When we're older
We'll do it all over again

When everybody else is getting out of bed
I'm usually getting in it
I'm not in it to win it
I'm in it for you

If it's love
And we're two birds of a feather
Then the rest is just whatever
Then the rest is just whatever

If it's love
And we decide that it's forever
No one else could do it better
And if I'm addicted to loving you
And you're addicted to my love too
We can be them two birds of a feather
That flock together
Love, love
Got to have something to keep us together
Love, love
Got to have something to keep us together
Love, love
That's enough for me
If It’s love ~ Train

No comments: